1.I think____ important to learn English well.
A. this B. that C. it D. you are
2. The fans were very excited______ David Beckham came to the show.A. so B. because C. but D. and
3. I hope my father____ ask me about my marks.
A. not B. not to C. won’t D. don’t
4. I ______ that I were a bird. A. wish B. hope C. want D. expect
5. The radio is_____ a strange signal. What’s wrong with it?A. giving up B. giving in C. giving out D. giving away
6. —How do you like this dress?—It’s beautiful, and it fits me well. ___ I like it very much.
A.Or B. So C. But D. Since
7. It’s your job________ the pop stars.A. introduce B. introducing C. introduces D. to introduce
8. You’d better sing. It doesn’t ____ whether you can sing well or not.A. work B. matter C. problem D. affect
9. They’d like ____ thank the following people _____ their help and support.A. to; to B. for; for C. to; for D. for; to
10.—Have you finished the work?—Not yet, but no matter how hard it is, we'll keep ___ until we make it. A. Failed B. trying C. tried D. failing
11. Project Hope is an organization _____ raises money to build schools and buy books for poor children. A. that B. who C. what D. where
12. —Are you hungry now?—_______. I have just had two bowls of rice. A. Not a bit B. It doesn’t matter C. Not a little D. I don’t mind
13. My coat_______ there behind the door. Can’t you see it?A. is hanged B. is hanging C. hangs D. has hung
14. I don’t know ______ a show. Can you tell me?A. how organize B. what organize C. what to organize D. how to organize
15.___ they are twin sisters, they don’t look like each other.A. Because B. Since C. Though D. However
16. It’s important_____ a foreign language.A. of us to learn B. for us to learn C. of us learning D. for us learning
17. Tom, with his parents______ to America. They_____ back in two weeks.A. have gone; will come B. has gone; will come C. have been; have come D. have been; come
18. The little boy didn’t know_______.A. Which hat is his B. which hat his isC. which hat was his D. which hat his was
19. ——We haven’t heard from Jane for a long time.——What do you suppose_____ to her?
A. was happening B. to happen C. has happenedD. having happened
20. He arrived___ London ___ a cold winter night.
A. at; at B. in; on C. in; in D. \; on
21. How long have you____? A. married B. be marriedC. got married D. been married
22. I don’t understand ____ believe him.A. why don’t you B. why you not C. why you don’t D. why not you
23. We all found_____ to play the game.A. that interested B. this interesting C. it interesting D. it’s interesting
24. I_______ that there_______ an evening party on Saturday evening.A. was told; was going to have B. was told; was going to be C. heard; was going to have D. was said; is going to be
25. —Do you mind__________ here?—________.A. me to smoke; Not at all B. my smoking; Yes, I don’t C. me to smoke; Certainly not D. If I smoke; No. Please
26. —I came to your office yesterday morning, but nobody was in.—Oh, we__________ a meeting in the meeting room. A. have had B. had C. were having D. had had
27. I’ve never been out of China________. What about you?A. already B. over C. before D. just
28. The old man lives in a village_______, but he never feels________.A. alone; alone B. lonely; alone C. lonely; lonely D. alone; lonely
29. Mr. Green is used to_________ two apples after lunch every day.A. eat B. eating C. eaten D. ate
30. Dr. Yang worked ______ three days ago.A. in hospital B. at hospital C. in a hospital D. at a hospital